Fundraising T’s and C’s
These Fee and Payment Terms (“these Terms”) are concluded pursuant to the Good Food Network (GFN) Website Terms and Conditions (“the Terms and Conditions”) and, save where expressly provided to the contrary in these Terms, shall be subject to the Terms and Conditions, including the definitions and rules of interpretation contained in the Terms and Conditions, which are incorporated in these Terms by this reference.
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
For purposes of these Terms, the following terms shall have the following meanings –
2.1.1. “Effective Date” means the date of acceptance of these Terms by the Organisation;
2.1.2. “Organisation” means the charity organisation, non-profit organisation, group, company or individual that has entered into this agreement and registered a Campaign Account on the Crowdfunding Platform; and
2.1.3 “Parties” means GFN and the Organisation collectively and “Party” means either one of them individually, as the context requires;
- GFN has developed or obtained the rights to provide the Crowdfunding Platform. GFN makes the Crowdfunding Platform available in an application service provider environment through which it provides the hosting services, including the administration and maintenance of the Crowdfunding Platform, and other related services. The provision of such hosting services enables Organisations to access the Crowdfunding Platform and thereby make use of the Platform Services while simultaneously enabling Donors to donate to their chosen cause by means of payment gateways integrated into the Crowdfunding Platform.
- The Organisation wishes to make use of the Platform Services offered by GFN in order to make the Crowdfunding Platform available to its Donors’.
- These Terms record the specific terms governing fees and payment for the provision of the Platform Services.
These Terms shall commence on the Effective Date and shall continue until the termination date of the campaign.
- Our payment partners (including but not limited to Payfast and Paypal) collect additional fees allocated to their specific services and organisations are liable in their capacity and at their expense to:
- pay any additional fees or taxes associated with User organisations’ use of the payment partner services.
- Each payment provider is its own Legal Entity, and GFN is not responsible for its performance.
- Organisations must not assume that funds will be immediately available for collection and agrees not to take any action in reliance on collecting any donations until the money is put into the User’s account.
- The Organisation agrees that GFN uses a payment gateway account with PayFast (and sometimes Paypal) to be integrated into the Organisation’s Campaign Account by means of the Crowdfunding Platform.
- By creating a Campaign Account with GFN, an Organisation appoints GFN as its agent to process donations on its behalf in accordance with its instructions, subject to the restrictions imposed by the Terms and Conditions and these Terms.
- GFN will at all times hold donations in the PayFast account and will not use any funds for its operating expenses or any other purpose.
- The Organisation has the option to be paid weekly on a day specified by the platform or at the end of the campaign.
- GFN charges organisations an administration fee of 4% fee all campaign donations.
- Each donation incurs a transaction fee from the payment gateways Payfast or Paypal.
- Payfast transaction fees are discounted to fundraisers on GFN – Cards: 2.5% + R2,00; EFT: 1.25% ; Payout: R5
- Paypal fees vary depending on the currency of the donation as donations need to be converted, and exchange rates on the day of conversion cannot be guaranteed by Paypal.
- Paypal donations take 5 – 7 days to be transferred and result in a lag between the donation and weekly payouts.
- To keep our fees as low as possible for Campaign Organisers, GFN gives donors the option to contribute an additional 3% with every donation. Fees to GFN cover the cost of the services we provide, including campaign set-up support, campaign content writing and vetting, fundraising strategy and guidance, payment administration, post-campaign administration, database collation, reporting, and tracking of campaigns. GFN is deeply invested in food system reform and goes the extra mile to offer more support than other platforms to help our campaigners achieve the reinvented food system vision we share with them.
- GFN charges its fees before transferring funds into the Organisation’s account. GFN will subtract fees, taxes, banking charges and charges due to PayFast before transmitting the proceeds of a campaign to the Organisation.
- The fees exclude all taxes (including value-added tax and other taxes levied in any jurisdiction, but excluding taxes based on the income of GFN), duties (including stamp duties), tariffs, rates, levies and other governmental charges or expenses payable in respect of the Services, all of which shall be payable by the Organisation in addition to the Fees.
- GFN reserves the right escalate fees in its sole and absolute discretion and will notify Users in advance of the intended escalation in fees and the date upon which such escalation will come into effect (provided that GFN may not escalate fees in excess of 5 (five) percent during the course of each financial year).